Sunday, February 26, 2006

More Thoughts from the Day

I did get a chance to go to church this morning while Paul stayed home with sicky sickerson, so that was nice. The message was on forgiveness and it really has me thinking today. I have a lot of room for improvement when it comes to forgiveness!!!:) Holding a grudge is quite common in my world and I know, I know...unacceptable. The part that stood out to me Jody also quoted on her blog, "Refusal to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting your enemy to die". In other words, all this anger and frustration hurts only me while my "enemy" is going on with life. It's a silly problem and one that I constantly struggle with. In the end, life it just too short. Period. There are a million other more important things in life than holding a grudge! So today I am working on that...like anyone cares. But I do think I have been forgiven more times that I probably deserve and I failed to learn from that. Our pastor quoted Augustine today during the service, "To love those who love you is human. To hate those who love you is demonic; but to love those who hate you is divine." So today I am practicing forgiveness and grace...so if you really want to piss me off...it might be a good time!!!:) Just kidding....

2 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

OK, Cassie--Long story. My email is not working. I did watch Greys. You were not alone. Be home tomorrow.

2/26/2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

what a relief!

2/27/2006 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home