Saturday, February 18, 2006

Imitation

Brigg has been big on walking on the treadmill lately. I used to do it after the kids were in bed, but recently find it easier to get through if I do it while Nalani is napping. So Brigg has been watching me lately and loves walking on it after I get off. Today I was reading while I was walking and so he asked to read his Spiderman book while walking today. It was so cute. I would have really thought he was reading had I not known he is completely illiterate other than recognizing his name and the word "Hawkeye". This was a perfect example of the chapter I just finished up in Sacred Parenting entitled "Xerox R Us". Gary Thomas says "Even without specifically requesting that our children follow us, they will do so, at least to some degree. They may try to imitate us, or they may push away from us and rebel, but they WILL react to us and to our way of life." He goes on to finish the chapter by stating, "We can't avoid leaving ruts. To have a child is to influence another life, perhaps even several generations. The only question is, in what direction will our ruts carry our children?" What a responsibility we have as parents!!! I will continue to pray that all my ruts will not overpower some of my strengths in regard to influence on Brigg and Nalani's lives. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home