Monday, February 13, 2006

It's a Jungle Out There!

I decided to take the kids to McDonalds for lunch today. It is their favorite place to go and I figured since this was my last week home with them, it would be fun. They were being so cute together and getting along so well. Brigg was helping Nalani climb up this net ladder thingy. There are holes you climb up into to get to the next level and Lani is a little short to get up them, so Brigg was helping her. All the sudden this psycho kid comes climbing up behind them just as Lani is making it to the top level (this is a major accomplishment for her!) He grabs Lani by the hood and pulls her back down to the previous level. She is a little surprised and Brigg is kind of freaking. I go around and yell up at the child to "Please let go of her hood so she can climb up." He proceed to lean down toward me and SCREAM at me "NO!" He begins to twist her hood and keep twisting it so it is getting tighter and tighter around her neck. Mother instict begins to kick in and I am getting very frustrated. I aske him to stop again, PLEASE. He screams at me again, "NO!" He truly sounds like the devil here. So here I go, climbing up this thing which was created for 5 year-old children....no old, stiff women! I pull Lani's hood out of his hand and Lani lunges into my arms. By this point Brigg is seriously trembling. Another little girl tries to sneak by and this boy grabs her hair and pulls it will all his might. The girl screams and her mom yells up for her to come on down. I grab her and help her down one level and the boy KICKS me in the head!!! Brigg is like, "Mommy, are you OK?" I want to scream, "NO!" , but I don't. I get the children down to our table safe and sound and the other little girls mom says to me, "It's a jungle in there!" Brigg says, "That boy was bad!" I said, "He was just making bad choices." Brigg says, "Well Santa, Jesus, God and Lord are watching him!" HA!! Love how he puts Santa first. So we continue to eat our lunch and I decided to let them venture in and try to play again while watching them closely. This boy was with his dad who was sitting on his duff, completely oblivious to anything. Things are going pretty well and then I see this boy grab another child and try to tackle him. Brigg is close by and he screams VERY loud, "MOOOOOOM! HE'S MAKING BAD CHOICED AGAAAAIIIIIINNNNNN!" I guess this got his dad's attention, so he came over and threatened to take him home for like the 6th time in a half hour. Luckily it was time for us to leave and get Lani to bed. I often wish that Brigg was tougher, but after witnessing this today, I am so glad he is the sweet little sensitive boy that he is. Because I was feeling so touched by their kind nature, I decided to get my babies some ice cream cones...plus, I had two free coupons!:) It IS a jungle out there!
"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

1 Samuel 16:7 Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

Oh, I wish Dawson would have been there. He would of taken the kid out--in the most loving way of course. Hard to think that McDonalds play land is only the beginning of the jungle they are going to face in life.

2/13/2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I was furious just reading about this! Reminds me to be thankful for the "little bit" of good behavior that my kids have (and I reiterate "little bit"). The sad thing is that this will happen all of their lives and we won't be able to always be there to protect them from it. Scary isn't it?

2/14/2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

ok guys, i was so focused on that one moment in time that i didn't really think about all the future trials they will face alone. maybe i need to find a way to toughen them up a bit?!? i don't want them to grow up!!!

2/14/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

......How did you get those ice cream cones all the way home from McDonalds without them dripping all over your car? Just wondering :-)

2/14/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

who ever said i didn't have chocolate ice cream all over my car?!?...and their coats and in their hair?

2/15/2006 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home