Friday, February 03, 2006

Thoughts from a 4 year-old

We are going to visit Lisa, Tony and Macy this weekend and Lisa had me warn Brigg that their dog was not going to be there because he was being put down today. UGH! Brigg loves Sano and I struggled with how to tell him. So on the way home from Iowa City today I broke the news that Sano had to go to heaven. Brigg got really sad eyes and asked why. This is where I'm at a loss. I told him because Sano was very sick. (But I'm not sure that's the right answer. I dont want him to think that if we get sick we are going to die!) Anyway, he asked "When am I going to die and go to heaven and be with Sano and Pebbles?" My mind is spinning and I don't know what to say. All I could tell him was, "Hopefully not for a very long time!" He said, "Mom, I'm sad. I'm about to cry." I explained that Sano was happy now and he and Pebbles were probably playing together in heaven. Then Lani did something funny that made Brigg laugh and broke the ice. He moved on and thoughts of doggy heaven vanished. So another deep conversation with a 4 year-old avoided for the time being. I'm sure I'll be faced with another hurdle much sooner than I hope. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

no background to critique in this one. Sneaky. Just one really cute boy.

2/03/2006 3:40 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sorry for the tough topic of discussion. But, Jody is right - he is a very handsome little man - great pic.

2/03/2006 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home