Friday, January 27, 2006

Tis the Season

Never fails....every winter is tough on these kids. Brigg had a 102 fever today and we ended up at urgent care. He has a bad sore throat and they prescribed an antibiotic. Hopefully he is better by tomorrow evening. She seemed to think he'd be better in 24 hours with the antibiotic. Paul had plans to take him to the IMAX theater tomorrow to a jet fighter show. Maybe it'll still be possible later in the day. We'll see.
I came across a poem in one of my books last night and loved it. Just thought I'd share. The author is Lee Fisher and it's entitled "A Little Fellow Follows Me". I can just envision Paul and Brigg as I read it...

A careful man I want to be.
A little fellow follows me;
I do not dare to go astray,
For fear he'll go the self-same way.

I cannot once escape his eyes,
Whate'er he sees me do, he tries;
Like me he says he's going to be,
The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I'm good and fine,
Believes in every word of mine;
The base in me he must not see,
The little chap who follows me.

I must remember as I go,
Through summer's sun and winter's snow;
I am building for the years to be
That little chap who follows me.

The most important profession in the world is parenting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home