Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Spring in February

















What a beautiful day! The kids were in heaven! I got absolutely NOTHING done today and I don't care one single bit. I have a serious case of spring fever after today's temperatures. As you can see from the photos, we crammed in as many activities as we possibly could. Brigg rediscovered his passions...GOLF and baseball. I can honestly say, without a doubt, this is the happiest I have seen him in months. This 4 1/2 year old little man is in love with golf. I already feel so sorry for his future wife. She doesn't stand a chance against this passion. He was "teeing it up", chipping, "getting out my sand wedge", and putting. He pulled out this marker thing and I said, "Brigg, what is that? Don't mark on your ball!" He said, "But Mom, this is the best way to tell whose ball is whose. That's what this marker is for!" DUH! What was I thinking? I know nothing. Nalani found a way to incorporate golf, biking and baseball into one crazy sport. She wore the biking helmet as a baseball helmet and used the baseball bat and ball as a golf club and ball. She was perfectly happy with her unique little sport. I have to say, it was an incredible day. I just love these little people more and more each day! Is that even possible?!? I feel a shift in the phase of our lives. They are growing up and moving completely out of that baby stage and onto a new and even better stage. They are starting to enjoy eachother more and interact more than they ever have. I love it! Although Paul was down and out today with a high fever and aches and pains, it turned out to be a great Valentine's Day. I only wish I had a way to hold on to these memories in this distinct form in my mind forever. Thanking God over and over again tonight for these amazing little beings.....

3 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

does Paul play golf? Usually little boys pick up their passion from their Dad but paul doesn't seem like a golfer to me. So precious nonetheless.

2/15/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

paul plays golf primarily for the social aspect of it. my dad and paul's parents are all big golfers and have encouraged it in brigg. paul's parents live on a golf course and got brigg his first set of "real" clubs on his 3rd birthday. he's been hooked every since then. funny thing, brigg is left-handed but he golfs right. probably because that's the only way we could really teach him how to golf since none of us are left-handed!

2/15/2006 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post was way too much for a postpartum mom to handle. It made me bawl. Of course 5 minutes ago I saw Lauren's little tennis shoes perfectly lined up by the kitchen door like she always does with them and that made me bawl too.

2/15/2006 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home