Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Fall

Last night when we got home from church and supper, Paul and I were pulling the kids out of the car. I looked over and saw Paul slip while carrying Brigg and a bag of stuff and a glass. He caught his footing and I thought they were ok and when I looked back, I saw them crash to the ground. The ice in our driveway is like a layer of concrete! (Paul said it won't melt until June). Anyway, they fell and Brigg immediately shouts "I'm not hurt!" So I starting laughing and so was Paul. Well Brigg started crying a little and said he was just scared. We made it safely into the house and Brigg was kind of crying again. I said, "Brigg, why are you crying?" Brigg said, "I didn't get hurt, but I'm worried about Daddy." Paul said, "I'm FINE, why are you worried about me?" Brigg said, "Because you don't have any hair and the ice is harder than your head!" We got a good laugh out of that, but I have to beg to differ...Paul's head can be pretty darn hard!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Glad everyone is OK and that Paul's head survived the fall! We too have a sheet of ice everywhere and I have been coaching the kids at the door everytime we are getting ready to go out. So far, no falls, except the dogs. (They just don't seem to understand my instructions to BE CAREFUL and WALK SLOW!) Jody has a fall story from yesterday too - I think there are lots of them out there! :-(

2/19/2006 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home