Tuesday, May 23, 2006

15 Things I Love about Summer

1. The smell of suntan lotion.
2. The permanent pink glow across my nose and cheeks….no need for bronzer!
3. Flip flops.
4. Ankle bracelets.
5. Riding our bikes as a family.
6. Snuggling with Paul on the motorcycle…I love my biker-at-heart hubby!!
7. It’s still daylight at 8:00 pm.
8. Pina coladas with lead in the pencil (tastes like a mounds bar, and anything chocolate is worth mentioning!)…you can only drink them if it is at least 90 degrees outside.
9. The smell of fresh cut grass and hearing all the lawn mowers in the neighborhood running at the same time each weekend.
10. Seeing Brigg and Nalani in their swim suits, splashing each other.
11. Paul and Brigg having water fights with the hoses.
12. Golfing with Brigg.
13. The smell of the grill.
14. The fire pit at night after the kids are in bed.
15. Sunglasses…I love funky sunglasses and they are not near as cute when you are wearing them with a winter coat and scarf!

Bring on the 90 degree weather!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

nicely said...
Although, I'm not sure, but ankle bracelets might be a bit out of style...

5/23/2006 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh oh, I own FIVE!!!!!! Maybe you'd like to try one of mine :-) You may like it?!!

5/23/2006 9:15 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

that anonymous would either be my mom or my cousin, gale. they both cannot believe you would think anklets are out of style!! :)

5/23/2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

I bet you wear leg warmers too Cassie. :) Got a picture of those? Just kidding.

5/23/2006 9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the coolest one last summer. Then it broke. I might never get over it...they are cool!!!

5/23/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger jody said...

whatever, guys....if you think they are cool, that's fine with me...
gee whiz--maybe you and becky can get one with BFF on it. That would be really cool...

5/23/2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

i seriously do not have leg warmers. BUT once i grow my hair out i am going to start wearing banana clips!
you know what's scary...i think all of these things are making a come back. but you will not convince me that ankle bracelets have ever been OUT!

5/24/2006 6:31 AM  
Blogger jody said...

Actually, leg warmers are in. You guys must not be reading your weekly "In Style" magazines. Leg warmers, tights--very cool these days, girls.

5/24/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

But are they the ORIGINAL leg warmers? I'm sad that I threw away my banana clips last summer when I moved or else I'd gift them to you Cassie. Maybe we'll be able to find some in an antique store somewhere.

5/24/2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it took me a second to realize I was looking at a foot. At first I thought it was something wrapped around somebody's arm at the elbow... i thought their arm didn't look quite right. :)

5/24/2006 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home