Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Guy, a Girl and a Fridge

I would be interested in knowing how often other people clean their fridges. Be honest. I try to keep my clean, but usually I notice it is dirty is when I come home from the store with bags upon bags of groceries and I just want to get them put away, so I say I'll do it later. Well it has been a while and tonight we decided it could no longer wait. We are basically down to a case of beer, a gallon of milk, some apple juice, a tub of butter, coffee and some condiments, so it was a perfect time to clean it out. I decided we had waited way too long. Even with 2 people, it took us almost a half hour to clean this thing out! We pulled out all the drawers and shelves and pulled them apart as to get every single crack cleaned out. It was repulsive, but I am feeling a sense of accomplishment tonight as I head to bed. We are a pretty good team! :) Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you coming to do mine?!???

5/18/2006 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, mine too.
I am very embarrassed to tell you how often we honestly clean it like you guys did. Probably once or twice per year. Otherwise I just do emergency care on it, cleaning up spills and stuff like that.
As I said, I am a very bad housekeeper.

5/18/2006 7:38 AM  
Blogger jody said...

so funny to me that we take pictures of occasions like this...blogging has corrupted us.
Nice job--you are being very productive this week.

5/18/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

wow-that was some ambition last night--not something I would have tackled on a Wednesday night. Way to go Cassie (and Paul)!

5/18/2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

i know...like cleaning your fridge is such an accomplishment! oh well, in my little world, it IS. And Becky, we only do it this thorough once or twice a year as well. glad i'm not alone...

5/18/2006 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, I was a little worried that I was really really gross or something!

5/18/2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

We clean the fridge out when we notice mold growing and fumes stirring off the leftovers. But I have to say, Eric probably wouldn't help clean the fridge. That's a great husband you have there. :)

5/18/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

ok pam, leftovers are another story. you should have seen some of the leftovers i pulled from the fridge! a bowl of fresh, cut pineapple with press and seal on it at the very back of the fridge. once the press and seal was removed, it smelled like acid in my kitchen. pineapple does weird things when left in the fridge for long periods of time!

5/18/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Yummy. Makes me hungry for pineapple. I left some in the car the other day in a bag and by the next day they smelled pretty rotten in the whole car. I know what you mean about the aroma! :)

5/18/2006 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home