Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Mother's Day Treat


Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved going to Brigg's preschool and having him sing to me....although I was 2 minutes late, the 2nd to last mother to arrive (the last one never did come:() and when I walked in Brigg looked like he was going to puke at the thought that his mother was not coming. I felt so awful and I was a mere 2 MINUTES late, but nonetheless, giving him a brief glimpse at what it is like to not have your mommy there. They sang songs, we ate a snack and then I had these big plans to take Brigg out to lunch...just he and I. I was thinking was a grand time he was going to have. Since the day Nalani was born I just knew Brigg felt this gigantic resentment towards her. She popped out and he was no longer the ONLY child. Not only that, she demanded much more attention. We would leave him for days at a time to go take care of her surgeries and check ups, etc. It was not longer all about Brigg. Until 1 hour ago I truly thought he really just did not like her. It seemed as though he would have these moments when he laughed with her and seemed to enjoy her, but they were brief. So anyway, today at lunch (Subway), we were just chatting. He explained to me that he looked as though he was going to puke when I walked in because he was very nervous to sing in front of everyone. (gets that from daddy...NOT mommy! :) He went on to say that he was fine once he actually started singing and he was by far the loudest singer there. I then said, "Isn't this fun? Just you and me out to eat?" He nonchalantly said, "Yeah, it's fun. But I really like it better when Daddy and Lani are with us." Could I smile any bigger? You mean this child actually PREFERS to spend time with his sister! He's always been my one-on-one kind of kid! So I have the best mother's day gift of all. It may seem small to some, but I am more than ecstatic about this one little hint of sibling LOVE and not rivalry!!! Happy early mother's day!! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He and Lauren are so much alike it is scary.
I love this story!

5/11/2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

there is a reason they are betrothed!

5/12/2006 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home