Saturday, May 13, 2006

This Mother's Day Eve





It was a pretty good day once we got past the toilet overflow and the realization that I had actually not done laundry for a full week and the load of towels that Paul has started last FRIDAY were still sitting in the washer. We spent the afternoon in Davenport and going out to dinner. It was nice. I have been thinking so much about this job of being a mom. I was put on this earth to be a mother. There is no job that has been tougher or more rewarding than raising these two little beings. Brigg, with his sensative, rational, yet quirky spirit and Nalani, with her zest for life and silly nature. These children are my joy. So as I looke back through this blog at the everyday events, I am overcome with the greatness of motherhood. It's such an honor to be the one chosen to raise these children. I step back some days and think, "How can God possibly think I am responsible enough for this task?!?" I never claim to be the best mommy, but I do the best I can. I pray every single day that they know how much they are loved and how proud I am of them. Gary Thomas says "I want my children to think of me as their chief encourager, apart from the Holy Spirit. I desire that, regardless of how the world receives them they will know that at least two people-their mother and father-will always delight in them. I pray that they believe without a single doubt that raising them has been one of the greatest blessings God could ever have given to us." It is the greatest blessing.
On a sidenote to MY mom...I am SORRY! I never knew how much heartache I was causing you!! I never knew the love you had for me until these babies came into my life! Please pray that they don't put me through what I put you and dad through!!:) Happy mother's day, mom! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Your kids are so adorable. Happy Mother's Day Cassie!! I hope you had a fabulous day! :)

5/14/2006 8:35 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

happy mother's day to you too, pam! so good to see you this morning!

5/14/2006 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like life, being a mother is not always easy!! But we hang on to those "special" moments and allow them to get us through to the next.... always focus on the good and try to forget the rest... Praise be, my children are always going to be my babies, :-) !! God is SO good!! Happy Mother's Day to you too, Cass!! Love ya much!!

5/15/2006 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home