Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lyn is Home

Lyn came home today. Greg came over and let us know she was home but needed rest and wasn't up for visitors. Just the thought of knowing she was on the other side of that wall gave me a sense of calm. I kept finding myself looking over there and thinking that I really wanted to go visit. I saw her in the window, sitting in her chair and I was hoping I'd catch her eye, but I didn't. She called at 7:45 and asked me to come over after I put the kids down. For some reason my whole perspective has changed now. She is swollen and can barely walk. She said it is just so painful to come back from being almost gone. She is at peace...which is what my prayer has been. It is so selfish of me to want her to stay. She is miserable. She wants to go to her eternal home. She has prayed for God to take her when He is ready. She said she can't talk to Greg because he just doesn't want to hear it. He only wants to talk about how she is going to get better. She will not get better. She just needs someone to acknowledge that this is the end. I offered to write letters for her if she wanted me to. She said she already has everything down on paper that needs to be. She was unable to express how deeply she just wants Jorden to be ok with things (her 5 year old grandson who practically lives there and here). She told me she knows it's a big responsiblilty, but she wants me to talk to him about her death and let him know that she is with God in heaven. He is her main concern right now. She said if Greg would just let her go, she would. As I sit here and write this all down I cannot stop crying but I know that in her near future she will have this perfect place and no more pain and she will be DANCING for joy! This worldly body of hers is all but gone. She has a spirit like I have never seen. Tonight I am just praying for her happiness. I want her to have joy again. She is not scared. I pray that I can be the kind of friend to her that she has been to me. I want to be "that kind of friend". I will be forever grateful that I was given the chance to talk to her again...tonight was a gift. Please be praying for her comfort and peace in the days to come. Pray for the whole family...for her daughter Stacy, who has so much on her plate right now going through a divorce and becoming a single mother of 2 boys, for Greg and his strength during this time when he is watching his wife go through all this pain and suffering and for her grandkids that they know how loved they are by their grandma. I'll keep everyone posted.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

prayers for all....wish I had words that could just make it all better..I don't...so I'll just pray for peace beyond all understanding and strength for all, especially for Greg.

4/24/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

thanks heather. man, i am struggling....makes a day of insurance seem insignificant and difficult to get through.

4/24/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger jody said...

I'm glad she got to come home so you could see her again. I will be praying for all those "lasts" and for wisdom as everyone works to prepare the grandchildren.

4/24/2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thinking of you Cassie--I KNOW how hard it is to be at work when you have something else consuming your mind that is so much more important than the menial tasks we have at work. Sometimes the hardest part in this type of situation is the waiting--we'll keep praying...

4/24/2006 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cassica,

Thinking of you, and praying for wisdom for everyone involved. I am sure you are a huge blessing to Lyn. I know this is difficult, but stay strong......if you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to call.

4/24/2006 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home