Friday, April 14, 2006

Spring Day Dreams

I was sitting at work yesterday and wishing so badly that I was at home playing with my kids on this beautiful spring day. I imagined them running and playing together...laughing and hugging and telling me they loved me. I pictured us all playing a game of baseball in our shorts and tank tops. I think there may have even been some classical music in the backgroung. Anyway within 10 minutes of me rushing to pick them up from daycare so we could have just and HOUR of the kind of fun, I had to throw Nalani's urine soaked pants in the wash and clean up Brigg's vomit off of my couch. What happened to lazy spring days?? Brigg was covered in puke and Lani was trying to hug him and comfort him. I was yelling "Stay away from him, he'll give you the flu!" Brigg was wimpering while chunks of hot dog dropped from his shirt to my freshly vacuumed floor. It was a sight. So much for my joy-filled spring day. Oh well, it is still a privelege to clean up puke and pee and at the end of the day hear those little voices say "I lub you mommy!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is he feeling now???

4/14/2006 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So hopefully today is the day to enjoy with the kids?!!! I wish you the best of luck, and I sure hope you will leave the "cleaning" behind for a couple of hours. Just so you can enjoy because it is a beautiful day. I bet you don't know what I am doing this weekend??
CLEANING, and STUDYING! :) lord help me :) Have a great weekend

4/15/2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

he is cured. i don't know what the deal was. he told me he puked because he ate THREE hotdogs. i've never seen that kid eat more than a few bites of anything, but ya never know. he is fine now and i'm hoping it WAS just the hotdogs and not a bug. HAPPY EASTER!

4/15/2006 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home