Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Tonight


We were supposed to watch Jorden and Jaeden tonight while Stacy went to visit her mom. Just as Stacy was leaving, Greg got home. So we had a BBQ with everyone. We just came indoors...it was a beautiful night. They boys played football and I just attached that photo of Lani because I thought it was cute!! :) Greg said that Lyn had been moved out of ICU to the regular oncology floor. He still doesn't think she'll be coming home though. She is very confused from all the morphine. So sad. I did send a vase of fresh cut tulips up with Stacy and a letter. I'm hoping she gets something out of it. I may be able to go visit her this weekend, too. That would be nice. I'm sure I'll keep an update going here on my blog. Hope everyone has been able to enjoy the weather at some point today. In the midst of all this craziness with Lyn I have been reading a book called Bringing Heaven Down to Earth by Nathan Bierma. He quotes Madeline L'Engle:
"When I think of the incredible, incomprehensible sweep of creation above me, I have the strange reaction of being fully alive. Rather than feeling lost and unimportant and meaningless, set against galaxies which go beyond the reach of the furthest telescopes, I feel that my life has meaning. Perhaps I should feel insignificant, but instead I feel a soaring in my heart that the God who could create all this can still count the hairs on my head."
Praying that Lyn feels just a twinge of this same strange reaction.... Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Does Lani ever wear a shirt?? :)

4/20/2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

HA! rarely...and pants are optional in our household as well!

4/20/2006 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night I went in to check on the girls and make sure they were covered up before I went to bed.

I found Avery buck naked half asleep. We are having a REAL problem keeping clothes on her. It doesnt work so well when she isnt potty trained!!!! I am considering duct taping the diaper on.

I dont think these two should be allowed to be friends. I am scared to think what they might come up with together!

4/20/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hoping that the "clothing optional" is for the kids only!? I'll be sure to never drop by unannounced! haha...:)

4/20/2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

i would recommend knocking at least...

4/20/2006 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home