Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Posting from Paul's Parents'

What a week! Seems as though everytime I turn around it's something new and bad! So many thoughts racing through my head. The phone call this morning from Paul saying his dad had a heart attack about pushed me over the edge. It's just one of those times when you feel like you are holding on by a thread. A deep breath and a prayer later and I felt as though I had my footing back. Erika's memorial was overwhelming...and for the first time in several days I felt like I allowed God back into my heart. All the questions seemed to vanish. My heart softened and although the tears flowed, they were a different kind of tear. I do not understand WHY, but I know that I need to continue to lean on my faith and not so much on the why of things.
We made a flying trip across the state not knowing what Tom's condition was. Upon our arrival we found him in good spirits, cracking jokes with the nurses in the ICU on the cardiac floor. He had 2 stents put in and will be on meds to help bring down some numbers, but seems to be MUCH better this evening.
Reporting good news with a much softer heart tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you girl. We all feel so helpless at times like these, and I know your plate is full. Looks like you've done a good job in dealing with it, and I hope you know that you are being prayed for by many. Miss you and I look forward to when things will settle a little, and smiles will come much easier.

6/21/2006 6:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Glad to hear that things are looking OK for Paul's dad. Hope all gets back to "normal" soon! In the meantime, please call if you need something!

6/21/2006 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will be a better one firewall I can download and use for free, that will come with my windows xp and won't slow it down? :(

1/23/2007 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home