Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Grieving Parent

It has been 12 hours since Erika left this earth to be with Jesus and here I am, still trying to figure out what I can do to somehow "make things better" for Rich and Traci. I cannot wrap my mind around WHY this happened to them. Gary Thomas said "The pain is real and ongoing, and none of us can say anything to make someone 'feel better'. In fact, it is cruel to take away a grieving parent's pain, in that the pain may be their last remaining link to a very precious love. We can hurt with them, but we can't heal them."
Hurting with you today Traci and Rich.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like so many, hon!!! I cannot know what they are feeling but I can imagine, I don't like it!!! God is in control, He is good and faithful and knows what we need more than anyone. We must trust him and praise him tonight, and always. So sad for so many, I know.... Oh how I love my children tonight, even more than ever!!! God give you peace and comfort my sweet daughter. Love you so much!!!

6/15/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

You have the most awesome mom!!

6/16/2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

duh...you didn't know that?

6/16/2006 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home