Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Exciting News!!!

I AM GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!! Not in the traditional, 9 months pregnant, 40 pound weight gain, cravings, constant need to pee kind of way; but in a much more unique way. In the try to conceive a baby, go on fertility drugs, go to a million doctors appointments and hope they tell you you ovulated over the course of 18 months, go crazy from your hormones being outta wack and still not be physically pregnant kind of way. The wrestling with options for infertile parents and finally deciding to ADOPT kind of way!!! That's right...Jennie and Sean have started the adoption process and I could not be happier for them or more proud of them! Can you imagine? I mean can you really imagine walking one block in their shoes? Can you imagine being told that the one most important thing in your life that you long for won't ever be? As a mother of 2, I cannot. I cannot fathom how difficult it must be as I sit with my two screaming, fighting children in this room with me. I cannot imagine whalking down the street and seeing pregnant women all around...ones who make irresponsible decisions and would give anything NOT to be pregnant when all I am praying for everyday is for God to give me a child...just ONE child.
Of all the people I have ever known in my lifetime, Jennie and Sean are the two that I have no doubt will take an adopted child into their lives and love him or her even more than they may have loved a child that was physically born to them. It gives me chills to think that at this moment God already has a little being picked out for them. He's already smiling thinking of how wonderful it will be for them to finally meet THEIR baby!
I have to say, I'm a bit jealous of how Jennie's pregnancy is going to go...no stretch marks, no weight gain, no peeing 152 times a day, no dreaded stitches or labor recovery. I think Jennie and Sean are born to be adoptive parents. Can you imagine how blessed this little baby is going to be? It will be so amazing to bring this baby home to a loving home that he or she may have never known if it weren't for 2 perfect people meant to be his or her mom and dad. I can't wait to be an aunt again!!
(For those factual people out there, the average time it takes to get a baby through Bethany Christian Services is 10-14 months)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And congratulations to Jennie and Sean! SO happy for them.
My cousins have adopted 2 children and are in the process of adopting another. There are no children more blessed in the world! Jennie and Sean's baby will be the same!

3/22/2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger jody said...

Pregnancy does not make you a Mommy...CONGRATS to your sister and brother in law. That is a courageous and selfless decision...good for them!

3/22/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

How AWESOME is that! I am an aunt to two adopted little girls also. Love them just the same! Hope the process goes well for them with mimimal delays. CONGRATS to you and them!

3/22/2006 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home