Thursday, October 19, 2006

Update on Lyn

I just talked to Greg and thought I would pass on this info regarding Lyn. She had an appointment on Monday in Iowa City and they ended up keeping her there because she had pneumonia. She has been there ever since. Greg called and said he thought she was going to be getting out this afternoon. She was doing better today...even sitting up and eating this morning. For the first time ever, there has been discussion of hospice. Greg says he doesn't think it's quite time for that, but he knows it will be soon. This is the most realistic I have heard him talk throughout this whole situation. He said they will not be doing any more treatment at all. They are just trying to control her pain. They really just want to get home. Lyn's 2 daughters, Stacy and Susan, along with her 4 grandchildren, Jorden, Jaeden, Kaley and Kassie, and Greg really need your thoughts and prayers right now. They are having a difficult time and the coming days will probably be harder. I am just hoping I can find a way to help them somehow. Any encouragement would be appreciated. If you'd like to send a card or something, email me and I can get you their address. I think any small act of kindness would be felt deeply. I'll keep you updated with any changes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennie Peakin said...

Praying for Lyn and her family...

10/19/2006 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home