Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A day late, but no less sincere....

I had big plans. Last week I dug through all my old photos and found a group of them that were Paul and I basically "growing up" together. I compiled them and went over to mom's house to scan them in. I spent all day trying to figure out her scanner....with no success. THEN the call came saying Jennie and Sean were getting a baby. Since Thursday I have made 3 trips to Des Moines and one to Pella from Des Moines, become an aunt again, went to the zoo with the kids, watched an ALP show, tailgated and went to the Iowa game, went shopping for birthday gifts for the girls and took about a thousand photos. Needless to say, my plans of a sweet slideshow put to music for Paul for our 7th anniversary, totally fell apart.
7 years ago yesterday, Paul and I were married. Since that time we have bought 3 houses and sold 2. I have given birth to 2 beautiful children, and bought a dog. Paul has spent countless hours remodeling and landscaping those 3 homes. We have lived in 3 different cities and started so many of our own family traditions. The fact that we have survived all this is a miracle in itself!
We have never been the most romantic couple, but our feelings for eachother run deep. He makes me laugh so hard, yet at moments can make me more mad than I have ever been. Our marriage has been full of late nights talking in bed, early morning comments that start an uncontrolable giggle, pots upon pots of decaf coffee after the kids go to bed, hours spent in the rocking chairs on the front porch, countless weekend trips to visit family and friends, more chicken wings than I can even begin to count, annual apple picking trips, brutal pumpkin carving contests, and lots and lots of arguments! :) As I think about the past 7 years (11 if you include our years together before marriage), I think about a marriage that is real and true. One that faces problems head on and rejoices in successes together. Our marriage may not be the most romantic. I am sure I am not the kind of wife that so many dream about!! :) But we love God, we love eachother and we love our family. We respect eachother and never doubt the loyalty between us. So Paul, even though you didn't get a slideshow put to music, or even more than 2 minutes with me on our anniversary, know that I love you more today than I did 7 years ago!! Happy anniversary!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beckysblog said...

Very sweet. And as always, it is the thought that counts!

10/10/2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

Oh yeah! Happy Anniversary, a little late. Did Paul have a nice night by himself? I guess you did some celebrating over the weekend. You guys are a great example of what marriage should be, and a great example to us all.

10/10/2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger The Brookharts said...

Congrats Cassie! Happy Anniversary.

10/10/2006 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home