Monday, September 25, 2006

On Pins and Needles

For those of you who do not know, Jennie and Sean are being considered by a birth mother in Virginia to adopt her TWIN boy and girl. They were called on Wednesday last week to see they would want their profile sent to Virginia because they were a match for this birth mother. The birth mother had seen their condensed profile online and liked them and wanted to see their full profile. As of last week, she was only going to be looking and Jennie and Sean's and one other. Jennie got an email over the weekend and they said the mother had and appointment today at the agency to review the profiles. So we wait. It is awful. Scenarios racing through our brains and lots of phone calls to distract. If I feel this way, I cannot imagine how Jennie and Sean feel!

A few more details--
-The babies were born Sept. 12
-They are black
-The papers have already been signed and they are in foster care
-If Jennie and Sean are selected, they will have to go to VA for 1-2 weeks
-Today is Jennie and Sean's anniversary!

That's about all I got. Every time my phone rings I feel like I'm going to puke. I'll update when I get word. Just pray for peace...not matter what the outcome. It's very hard to guard your heart at this point....

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennie Peakin said...

Everytime the phone DOESN'T ring, I feel like I am going to puke!!!! I JUST WANT TO KNOW! This waiting is the worst thing ever!

9/25/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

I'm on pins and needles WITH you and I don't even know Jennie and Sean! How exciting! I'm praying...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

9/25/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Beckysblog said...

Today is their anniversary!?!??!?!
That's all I can say!
My prayers are going up.

9/25/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger Jennie Peakin said...

Thank you Pam and Becky!!! I am sure Cassie will blog the minute she hears from me! I so appreciate all of the prayers!

9/25/2006 10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twins on your SECOND anniversary.... it would be an amazing day no doubt!!!!!!! I don't know how long we all have to wait but I do know it can't come soon enough!!!! I haven't felt nauseous but my heart has skipped a beat SEVERAL times and I've felt faint!!! It's 3:15 our time, 4:15 theirs.... I think if no word comes by 4:00, we may be waiting again tomorrow!! OH DEAR!!!!!!!! I keep telling myself, "it's ok, it's ok" God knows what he's doing :-) I trust that. I really do... our prayers aren't always answered as we think best.

9/25/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger The Brookharts said...

Cassie - have you heard anything yet??!!

9/26/2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home