Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What would I do without my mom??

In the last seven days this is what my very very wonderful, fabulous mother has done for me...
1. Baked and decorated 2 GREAT looking and TASTING birthday cakes for Brigg's birthday.
2. Bakes a bazillion homemade rolls, calico beans, cut up fruit and displayed it perfectly for Brigg's Party.
3. Kept my children overnight on Friday night so we could hang out at her house with Chris, Brenda and Bode and not have to go home early to get the kids in bed.
4. Kept the kids most of the morning and early afternoon on Saturday so I could prepare what I should have prepared throughout the week for the party.
5. Picked up a million water balloons laying in my back yard.
6. Took us out to eat at the Chart House on Sunday (Dad may need some credit for some of these, too, by the way)
7. Watched my kids on Monday night so we could go to small group.
8. Planned on watching my kids overnight tonight so I could go on a mini business trip. That got cancelled, but I did not get home from my trip until late, so she picked up the kids early and took them to McDonalds for chocolate milk and play time.
9. When I went to pick up the kids from her house tonight she had some items for me to take home. These are the items that she realized I had needed at the party, but did not have. i.e.--tongs, ice bucket, and plastic baggies.
10. She bought a cute tray and blue rubber ducky for the cake SHE is going to be making for me to take to a shower that I am helping host on Sunday.
Ok, I need to stop. I am making myself look really bad. I am so very grateful for my mom!! She rocks!
 Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Wow, if you could find a way to bottle that kind of supportiveness you'd make a million dollars. You ARE lucky.

7/19/2006 10:04 PM  
Blogger jody said...

I am so jealous....
She is awesome and you are a blessed girl. And you in turn often bless others....
Both of you are pretty amazing.

7/19/2006 10:25 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

I'm pretty envious too...is she for rent??

:)

7/19/2006 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just plain embarrassed!! I am undeserving of such praise, believe me!! I am the blessed one... who could go to work full time, have a huge party in her back yard and take care of the majority of the work involved, truly, and still find time to love her children and huband like she does and give me praise for doing that which is my job in the life I have been given so abundantly!! I appreciate her kind words, she does that well, and not only to me, but MANY!! SHE rocks!! Great children I have most certainly been given... and my hubby is pretty amazing too :-), well most of the time, ha!! Thanks Cass just the same, love ya!!!

7/20/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's great to recognize your mom like that. Good work, Cassie! And nice job, Cassie's mom! You sound like you're a great mother & grandmother! I am so glad I have the opportunity to work with your daughter.

7/20/2006 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom is awesome and so are YOU! You are such a great mom!

7/20/2006 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home