Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Amazing Worm

"Children experience nature as if it were creation's first morning."
-Monte Swan

Nalani found an earthworm. She loves earthworms, she loves dirt and she loves snails and bugs. This girl also loves dresses and princesses and PINK. She is unique and she amazes me daily. I'm not a big fan of dresses OR earthworms, but somehow she has shown me how fun they can be...and resilient! I cannot believe this earthworm survived her clutches! Monte Swan goes on to say

"We can feed our children's sense of wonder through a systematic, hands-on exploration of the earth. How simple or varied this will be depends on where we live, our ability to dovetail their exploration into family vacations, our willingness to travel, the age of our children, and, to a lesser degree, our finances. But we can all begin in our own backyard or the local park. What's essential is that parents and children experience nature together."

Praying tonight that I remember the importance of fostering that sense of wonder and never squelching it....not so easy when your sense of wonder is so different from theirs! I am thankful that these little people continue to spark MY sense of wonder. Oh the things they teach me... Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture reminds me of the one I have of Chris holding the dead baby snake so long ago.... remember?!! I LOVE nature and I LOVE dresses, I DO NOT love dirt though,:-)!! Lani is truly an amazing girly girl/tomboy!! :-) I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

6/02/2006 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

6/10/2006 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

7/21/2006 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home