Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Prayer of Thankfulness

Focusing my prayer tonight on thanksgiving and NOT on trying to change the things I don't like (for instance waking up in a puddle of my 4 year old's urine!) "God, thank you for choosing ME to parent these children. Thank you for Nalani's strong will and sweet smile. Thank you for giving Brigg an amazingly soft heart and quick wit. Thank you for giving me the privilege and HONOR of getting to spend the rest of my life with a man who was somehow suited perfectly to me. Thank you for presenting yourself to me even when I felt there was little to be thankful for. Thank you for exemplifying the grace I need to extend to my children and husband on a daily basis. Thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for all my many blessings."
Amazing how changing the perspective of my prayer from trying to change things to being thankful for things can ooze into my perspective on life as a whole. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very well said, Cassie.

5/31/2006 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE so very blessed!!!! It is a true gift to recognize it in the midst of tumultuous waters... or in your case, urine!! :-)

5/31/2006 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh ya.... that picture is SO SWEET!! Looks like a greeting card :-) ! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

5/31/2006 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

6/10/2006 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home