Monday, January 01, 2007

One last middle-of-the-night thought...

I need to get out one last blog tonight. My dear friend Pam and her husband leave for a 15 day mission trip to Liberia on Jan 2nd. Please keep them, and the people of Liberia, in your prayers. As I have been lounging by the pool, I have been reading the book Uprising, by Erwin Raphael McManus (I would recommend it!!). It has been speaking to me in so many levels and Eric and Pam keep popping into my head as I am reading it. I came across this yesterday and felt the need to share:
"God will not save you from the fire, but in fact throw you into it. The promise that He will be with you and never leave or forsake you is both promise and warning. A divine journey cannot be completed without divine intervention. It will be like an odyssey without maps to guide your way. Your character will be your only compass on many long and dark nights...As we have discovered on this journey, courage is not the absence of fear; it is the absence of self. Courage is the highest expression of humility. Courage moves us to risk ourselves for the sake of others or a higher cause. Courage allows us to live free from self-perservation and to live generously creative lives."

So proud of the Bullers and the courage they are showing as they journey to Africa...hopefully paving the way for so many others. Much love to you and the whole team! Thank you for stepping out in faith.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Pam said...

It's hard to type (AND THINK!)through tears...

love you!

1/01/2007 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home