Tuesday, August 22, 2006

4 Reasons I may reconsider staying home instead of working full time...

The kids are in bed...
I am wandering around the house wondering if it really is a good idea for me to return to being a stay-at-home mommy. Why, you ask. I give you four reasons... #1...Paint is still not cleaned up from our before dinner activity. (But the kids had a blast making this mess!)
#2....The clean clothes are not put away that I folded (those were folded at one time, Harley just ran across the pile this morning) last night...or maybe Sunday night, I don't remember. (But the kids had clean clothes to wear today!)
#3...The bathroom is not cleaned up after bathtime. (but my kids smelled SO good when I tucked them into bed!)
#4...Harley is chewing on a Thomas the Train Whistle. (But she hasn't had an accident in the house for over a week!)

Ok, so I may not be the best housewife, but I have a house trained puppy and my kids are entertained, fed, and smell good as I tuck them into bed in their clean pajamas. Isn't that goood enough?? Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger jody said...

I would say that is pretty darn good...

8/22/2006 8:47 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

sounds good to me--more than enough accomplished for one evening--the rest will wait :)

8/22/2006 9:01 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Housework is over-rated if you ask me!

It's all about relationships, isn't it??? I'd say you rock in that department!

8/23/2006 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You girls are all so funny!! But right, I might add :-)

8/23/2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

notice my mother did not say that houswork is over-rated?!? i think her heart stops momentarily every time she walks in my house. but she still loves me!! :)

8/23/2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger Eric and Pam said...

Um, Cassie...she's never been to MY house and I'm sure she'd have a full blown heart attack walking into this joint. :)

8/23/2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

ha! just after 10 kids have spent the day there tearing it up! I love how she calls us "funny"! :)

8/24/2006 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home