Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Am I Ready?

I can't get this out of my mind. Rich and Traci are mourning the loss of their daughter every minute of every day. I check their website daily to read about where they are at on this painful journey. So many things that they write touch me so deeply. Recently, I read this on their site and it really made me think:
"Remember this, God can call any of us home at any time. Are you ready? What is causing you to be 'too busy' to get your life straightened out and priorities in place? I know my motivation is to live my life as if I'm going to heaven tomorrow. The cares of this world are only temporary. I am forever changed into spending each of my days in light of eternity."
Am I? Am I ready? Or am I too busy with my worldly concerns? What ARE my priorities? What is my motivation? I haven't been able to get these questions out of my head. Our time on earth is only temporary, and I want to live in a way that is meaningful. I do not know the pain that Rich and Traci experience every time the beautiful smile pops in their head. I do not know anything about the hurt they feel in their hearts all day long....a hole that is permanantly placed there. But I do know that these 2 people are handling it with more grace and faith than I can begin to comprehend. With thoughts of Erika tonight and all that she has taught us....