Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lyn

Lyn and Greg left last night for Florida. They are planning on staying for 2 weeks and we anxious to get there. Lyn stopped by before they left and we took this photo together. For some reason I just have these crazy, unfounded thoughts that I will never see her again. I thought this would be an opportunity for me to share an update since so many have been asking. As you can see from the photo, Lyn looks great. For the first time in years, her tastebuds are working and food actually tastes good. She has been on some sort of chemo for the last 7 years. She is slowing down a little bit with each day. She has always been MORE THAN active and it's hard for her to take it easy. She is hoping it will be easier to do in Florida! She is not doing any sort of treatment and hasn't since her last scare in the hospital a few months ago. She has literally hundreds of pea-size bumps all over her body, the majority on her head. The doctor says it's from the cancer being in the blood. She is not scared to die, and is so looking forward to that moment when she gets to heaven and gets to see her dad and they are BOTH in perfect bodies! She IS however, very worried about those she will be leaving behind, mainly her grandson Jorden, who is very close and even stays at their house several times a week. His mom and dad are going through a divorce and Lyn worries so much about him. I am so thankful for her hope for heaven. I am just finishing up Bringing Heaven Down to Earth by Nathan Bierma. In it he says:
Without hope for heaven, our lives are limp and empty....Someday God will wipe every tear from our eyes and unveil the boundless glory of all that he has made. This is the promise of heaven. This is the hope for our lives.
And so our last words can only be the same ones John says at the end of Revelation 22, the last words of the bible before its closing benediction. John writes, "He who testifies to these things says, 'Yes, I am coming soon.'" We echo John's response. "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."
Wishing we could somehow mesh the temporal and eternal into something we could wrap our minds around.
With thoughts of Lyn, heaven and earth. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll continue to pray for Lyn, her family and you.

8/06/2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I haven't read that book yet. I think I need too--I sure like the excerpts you quote. Hope Lyn has a great trip--call her while she's there....

8/06/2006 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fear of the last time we see her is just too real any more.... I know she will be fine and in heaven, it is we who remain I am thinking about as I look into the faces of you and Lyn....you have given her some special friendship my dear daughter...my prayers continue for us all who have grown to love and appreciate one very strong and amazing woman, Amen!!

8/06/2006 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home