Friday, January 13, 2006

Out of Gas

Imagine for a moment....
driving dad's FULL SIZE van on a very narrow street. Remember, we are talking about like a 20 year old van. Ok, it's cold, starting to sleet/snow. It's about 7:20 am the kids need to get to daycare 20 minutes ago. Suddenly, the van DIES. You pull over on the side of the road. You start the van up again and take off. You come to a hill....going down. You think "ok, I can coast down this hill and hopefully make it to the next gas station." No such luck. About half way down the van dies again. You make it to the bottom and try to start it up again. Not going to happen. Cars are backing up behind you....kids are saying "MOM! Are we gonna make it?" People are honking and trying to get to work. Cops pull up beside you..."What's the problem?" they ask. You get the picture. One cop is directing traffic around your 10 ton van with fear-filled little voices yelling inside while another one is getting gas to get you to a station. That was how my day started today. Trust me, I think I would have been better off to stay there though and skip work. I'm going to go to bed. Maybe tomorrow I can pull off some sort of positive, humorous spin on this. But for tonight....I'm tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home